Release year: 2023
Manufacturer website: Punkademic, Udemy.com
Author: Dr. J. Anthony Allen
Handout type: Video tutorial
Sample files: none
Video Format: MP4
Video: MPEG4 Video (H264) 1280×720 30fps 2748kbps
Audio: AAC 44100Hz stereo 128kbps
Description: A class designed for those who want to master sound design by learning from some of the best artists producing today.
Welcome to Ultimate Sound Design Recipe Book, Vol 1: Bass!
In this class, you won’t just be hearing from me. You will have 5 incredibly experienced, professional instructors. I’ll be one of them, but I’ve brought in some of the top sound designers working right now to give up their secrets.
• Jack Denny: Best known for his role as one of three producers and performers in the super-group Ternion Sound. These guys are all over the world right now.
• Joe Dumpling: Known primarily under his alias Dumpling, Joe is a top-notch producer and multi-instrumentalist. And an experienced teacher, too!
• Zak Khan: Zak is making some of the funkiest, coolest music I’ve heard in a long time, so I was super excited he agreed to help out with some videos here. Get ready for something special.
• James Patrick: You’ve met James before in some of my other classes, but he is also a world-renowned producer and performer, and accomplished teacher (and Ableton Certified Trainer)
• Me! I’ll be guiding you through all of the lessons from these guests and filling in anything that needs to be filled in.
The goal of this class is to help you define your sound by learning some of the tricks of the best in the world.
100% Answer Rate! Every single question posted to this class is answered within 24 hours by the instructor.
This course is NOT specific to any DAW program.
This is a course about techniques. Most techniques that you see the instructors doing can be replicated in several different applications. We will focus here on techniques, and learning with step-by-step examples of how to make specific sounds.
Topics Covered :
• FM Bass
• Dirty Bass
• Funk Bass
• Wobble Bass
• The Wub-Wubs!
• Some Weird Bass Sounds
• And much, much more!
What will you learn :
√ Sound Design techniques from industry professionals
√ Building Bass sounds with FM Synthesis
√ Creating Funk Bass Sounds
√ Creating Dirty Bass Sounds
√ Wobble / Dubstep Bass
√ Techniques For Sub Bass
1. Introduction (3 lectures • 10 min.)
1. Introduction (04:29)
2. My Approach in this Class (02:42)
3. How to Use This Class (02:43)
2. FM Bass (8 lectures • 35 min.)
4. A Quick Refresher in FM Synthesis (02:17)
5. Our First Guest: Jack Denny from Ternion Sound (02:25)
6. FM Bass Sound (Jack Denny) (07:54)
7. Our Second Guest: Joe Wooding, AKA Dumpling (02:19)
8. Refresher on Instrument Racks (03:07)
9. FM Pluck Bass (Dumpling) (05:53)
10. Serum and FM Synthesis (01:33)
11. Tearout FM Bass (Jack Denny) (09:28)
3. Dirty Bass (2 lectures • 11 min.)
12. Effect Automation (01:49)
13. J Plaza Op Bass (Dumpling) (09:12)
4. Funk Bass (3 lectures • 13 min.)
14. Our Third Guest: Zakariya Khan (03:48)
15. Massive Funk (01:49)
16. Smoke Out The Garden Bass (Zak Khan) (07:23)
5. Wobble Bass (7 lectures • 35 min.)
17. The Wub-Wubs (02:30)
18. Beats By Phasing (02:24)
19. Classic Reece Bass (Jack Denny) (07:56)
20 Envelope Shapes (01:15)
21. Lowpass Wobble (Jack Denny) (10:10)
22. Wavetable Grit (01:36)
23. Mid-Bass Phase Plant (Jack Denny) (09:14)
6. SubBass (5 lectures • 17 min.)
24. Uses of Subbass (02:26)
25. Subbass with Upper Grit (01:08)
26. DnB Sub Bass (Dumpling) (05:35)
27. Sub bass with “Hair” (00:41)
28. White Noise Sub (Jack Denny) (06:56)
7. Weird Bass Effects (3 lectures • 13 min.)
29. Our Fourth Guest: James Patrick (04:15)
30. Squeak the Click (01:01)
31. Squishies (James Patrick) (07:28)
8. Wrap Up (3 lectures • 8 min.)
32. What Comes Next? (01:29)
33. Thanks for Watching! (00:38)
34. Bonus Lecture (05:45)