Devastor is a simple Multiband Distortion Unit. It is an enhanced version of the distortion unit from Phoscyon.
Devastor consists of four essential blocks:
- Dynamics-flattener module (one-knob controlled input signal compressor).
- Diode-clipper distortion.
- Three multi-mode filter sections.
- Optionally activated signal limiter.
The plug-in offers nine different connection topologies between its filters and diode-clipper. Filters can process the signal before or after it gets fed into the diode-clipper, but some of the configurations even allow the filters to work alongside the clipper.
Devastor’s filters are not simply the peaking EQ type which are commonly used in classic multiband distortion units: rather, they are like those found in analog synthesizers (low pass, high pass, band pass and band reject) with adjustable resonance and cutoff parameters.
- Diode-clipper emulation.
- Analog-modeled filters (refined filter models v2).
- Dynamics flattener (with improved peak detection and more natural envelopes in v2).
- Optional output limiter (new in v2).
- Tag-based preset browser (new in v2).
- Two alternative GUI sizes (new in v2).
- Context menu based MIDI-learn functionality (new in v2).
- 9 different topologies of connections for filters and the diode-clipper (new in v2).
- 64-bit internal processing.
- Ultra low aliasing output.
Year / Release Date : 07/10/2017
Version : 2.1.3
Developer : D16 Group
Developer’s site : D16 Group
Format : VST, AAX
Bit depth : 32bit, 64bit
Tabletka : present
System requirements : Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows 10
CPU 1.5 Ghz with SSE (Multicore system 2.0 Ghz recommended)
RAM 512 MB (1 GB recommended)