ValhallaPlate is true stereo, emulating a steel plate that has 2 input drivers and 2 output pickups. It can be run as a mono-in/mono-out, mono-in/stereo-out, or stereo-in/stereo-out plugin.
ValhallaPlate realistically models the physics of plate reverbs:
- High diffusion, for reverbs that have maximally high echo density.
- Frequency dependent decay time, for huge lows and clear highs, under the control of a single Decay parameter.
- Dispersion, for creating 3D imaging in the decay. The reverb comes from outside the speakers, and decays into the depths behind the speakers.
ValhallaPlate extends the plate reverb into dimensions that real plates can’t reach:
- Variable size, to control how metallic a reverb mode sounds. Small sizes result in more metallic delays, while larger sizes sound clearer.
- Lush modulation, that eliminates any metallic artifacts, while retaining the pitch of the input.
Seven original reverberation algorithms:
- Four reverb modes (Chrome, Steel, Brass, Cobalt) that model the resonance density found in real plate reverberators.
- Three additional reverb modes (Aluminum, Copper, Unobtanium) that combine the 3D dispersive characteristics of steel plates with the high resonance density found in reverberation chambers.
ValhallaPlate builds upon the Valhalla DSP plugin heritage:
- Minimalist, resizable 2D GUI, with self-documenting tool tip area.
- A comprehensive preset browser makes saving, recalling and sharing settings easy.
- Fully compatible with 32 and 64-bit DAWs (32/64-bit VST for OS X and Windows, 32/64-bit Audio Units for OS X, 32-bit RTAS for OS X and Windows, 64-bit AAX for OS X and Windows).