Release year: 2023
Manufacturer website: Punkademic, Udemy.com
Author: Dr. J. Anthony Allen
Handout type: Video tutorial
Sample files: none
Video Format: MP4
Video: MPEG4 Video (H264) 1280×720 30fps 1708kbps
Audio: AAC 44100Hz stereo 75kbps
Description: Using Ableton Live and Reason, we will learn how to craft sounds using any synthesizer to make amazing beats and tracks.
** UDEMY BEST SELLING INSTRUCTOR **
100% Answer Rate! Every single question posted to this class is answered within 24 hours by the instructor.
Welcome to the COMPLETE Sound Design Fundamentals Guide!
This is a class designed for the average person who is ready to dive into making music with synthesis! Whether you are a beginning musician, an active musician, or an aspiring musician – this class is perfect for you!
In Sound Design Fundamentals: Sampling, we will examine the essentials of Sound Design using Ableton Live and Propellerheads’ Reason software and focusing on principles of Sampling. We will explore three fundamental topics:
Using samples for generating sounds, and the legal implications of sampling (And two pro tips for avoiding all the legal issues)
Using samples to generate new sounds through manipulation and synthesis
Using samplers to control drum sounds and sequence dynamic drum patterns.
This system keeps the technical jargon to a minimum and gets you making your own sounds quick.
Dr. Allen is a professional musician, top-rated Udemy instructor, and university professor. In 2017 the Star Tribune featured him as a “Mover and a Shaker,” and he is recognized by the Grammy Foundation for his music education classes.
Throughout this class, If you get stuck, you can review the videos or post a question, and I’ll back to it as fast as possible.
And of course, once you sign up for this course you automatically get huge discounts to all the upcoming parts of this class.
You will not have another opportunity to learn Sound Design in a more comprehensive way than this.
All the tools you need to successfully learn Sound Design are included in this course and the entire course is based on real-life experiences – not just academic theory.
Please click the “Take This Course” button so you can launch your music career today.
** I guarantee that this course is the most thorough music theory course available ANYWHERE on the market – or your money back (30-day money-back guarantee) **
Closed captions have been added to all lessons in this course.
Dr. J. Anthony Allen
Music PhD, Producer, Composer, Instructor, Professor, Author, & Ableton Certified Trainer.
Dr. Allen is a professional musician, top-rated online instructor, and university professor. In 2017 the Star Tribune featured him as a “Mover and a Shaker,” and he is recognized by the Grammy Foundation for his music education classes. He currently teaches at Augsburg University in Minneapolis, MN, Slam Academy, and Punkademic Courses.
To whom is this course
• This course is meant for anyone interested in making their own sounds to enhance their productions.
• This course does not go into complex terminology about sampling, so it is ideal for students just starting out (or needing a refresher) in sampling and sound design.
What will you learn
√ Design amazing sounds using any software
√ Work in Reason to understand sampling
√ Work in Ableton Live to understand sampling
√ Create any sound you can imagine using whatever software is at your disposal
√ Sound design
√ Sampling in Ableton Live
√ Sampling in Reason
√ The Ableton Live Samplers
• This course uses both Reason and Ableton Live, but is designed to work on any software (or hardware) platform. So no matter what software you are using, this class will guide you through how to use your samplers.
01. Overview & Key Concepts
Students will be able to understand the key elements to all samplers, and the legal issues surrounding sampling (and some ways to avoid these issues)
1. Welcome & Overview (03:16)
2. Asking Questions (01:19)
3. Sound Design using Sampling: Software (05:38)
4. Sample Sources: Finding Free and Legal Samples (07:12)
5. The 4 Elements to any Sampler (03:07)
02. The NN-19 Sampler
Learn the ins-and-outs of Reasons NN-19 Sampler, and how to create living sounds using it.
6. Interface Overview (14:27)
7. Keyzones and Rootkeys (10:51)
8. Creating Instruments with the NN-19 (06:27)
9. Preset Deconstruction No. 1 (05:12)
03. The NN-XT Sampler
Here will focus on the NN-XT – a little more advanced sampler. We will find some of the same concepts, and a few new ones.
10. Interface Overview (04:35)
11. Keyzones and Velocity Zones (09:40)
12. Modulation & Filter Control (06:47)
13. Creating Instruments with the NN-XT (13:13)
14. Preset Deconstruction No. 2 (04:31)
04. The Ableton Live Simpler
Looking at the Ableton Live Simpler will show us how Ableton handles sampling in a basic sampling device.
15. Interface (03:06)
16. Making Drum Sounds (04:51)
17. Designing Sounds in the Ableton Simpler (04:49)
18. Preset Deconstruction No. 3 (03:39)
19. UPDATE: The Live 9.5 Simpler (00:30)
20. Live 9.5 Simpler – Classic Mode (04:17)
21. Live 9.5 Simpler: 1-shot Mode (02:26)
22. Live 9.5 Simpler: Slice Mode (02:37)
05. The Ableton Live Sampler
The Sampler in Ableton Live is much more robust than the Simpler, and gives us greater dynamic control and flexibility in our sounds.
23. Interface & Walkthrough (11:50)
24. Preset Deconstruction No. 4 (07:12)
06. Wrap Up!
This is the end! Some parting thoughts.
25. Parting Thoughts (01:51)
07. Bonus videos
26. Using Ableton Live’s Sampler (10:10)
27. MultiSamples and Zones (14:59)
28. An Orchestra Library Example (04:27)
29. Bonus Lecture: Preparing Samples with Audacity (03:34)