Synapse Audio has released version 7 of Orion Platinum. This massive update addresses many user wishes and adds a lot of new features to Orion.
- Completely new graphics + enhanced workflow.
- Toxic III included.
- Plucked String 4 included.
- Analog Distortion effect added.
- Saturation effect added.
- Channels of VST instruments with multiple outputs can be hidden.
- Patterns can be named in the Playlist.
- New preset menu browsing.
- New insert menu in workspace area (right-click).
- Sampler Editor extended.
- Save file backup feature.
- MIDI File Drag&Drop directly into generators.
- New window management option for generators/fx: Closing a window just hides the window.
- You can set default Timebase.
- Signature option when creating new project.
- System Input Latency can be set from audio input settings (requires PDC enabled).
- Now 2 skins available, Azura (Default) and Classic.
- Insert slots automatically activated when inserting a new effect.
- Window menu options extended to quickly minimize all but active window.
- Master Volume displayed in status bar.
- Added resizing for open/save dialogs.
- Pianoroll keys have horizontal velocity feature.
- Time view display has skinable colors.
- Audiotrack mixer strip has “input source”.
- Audiotrack insert menu with inputs.
- Audiotrack gain raised by 6dB.
- Audiotrack mixer strip click shows adjacent Midiout generator.
- Audiotracks drawn anti-aliased.
- Shortcut added: NumPad-* as alternative arm recording.
- Shortcut added: Ctrl-Shift-C, Ctrl-Shift-X for cut/copy all patterns at once.
- Playlist and Pianoroll tools can be cycled with ‘T’.
- Playlist has now Shift as Snap to Grid during selection copy/move.
- Playlist has now Alt as Snap Selection to Bar during selection copy/move.
- Playlist patterns can be changed with drop down by clicking pattern name area.
- Quick Lassoo with Ctrl when using Pen tool.
- Maximum song length increased from 512 bars to infinite.
- Preset names for effects now stored.
- New modern pianoroll note look.
- Pianoroll notes can be set to display note names.
- LFO tool in event editor now works in step mode (grid on) too.
- Mousewheel+CTRL in playlist and piano roll scrolls horizontally.
- Quick-Select notes or bars by pressing CTRL (no need to switch to lassoo).
- Play cursor follow has two modes, page follow and scroll follow (shortcuts F, Ctrl-F).
- Internal FX and Internal Generators have more precise mouse tweaking while holding Shift.
- Mono VST Effect PlugIns can be inserted into stereo tracks now.
- MIDI-Out presets now store device too.
- Time Window has two new dual time display modes and only one instance of time window allowed.
- Playlist shortcut ‘J’ centers view to play cursor.
- Master Mixer shortcut is now Ctrl-B (Busses).
- Pattern play start position toggler (beginning/continue) shortcut is now Ctrl-Shift-B.
- Alt key now used for brush tool in piano roll instead of Ctrl.
- Maximum tempo is now 500 BPM.
- Many stability issues fixed.
- Playlist paintbrush tool could paint over audiotracks. Fixed.
- Playlist grid was occasionally off beat. Fixed.
- Playlist wasn’t updated properly when patterns were edited. Fixed.
- Sidechain loopback configurations were possible. Fixed.
- Sidechains in master section did not work properly. Fixed.
- Some generators flickered on non-maximized pianoroll window. Fixed.
- Pitchbend didn’t work when Playback stopped+record was enabled. Fixed.
- IRP waveform background bitmap was blitted upside down.
- Cut pattern cleared whole pattern even if only few notes were selected. Fixed.
- Markers jittered somewhat in playlist. Fixed.
- Highest/lowest numbers in event editors now readable.
- Occasional crashes after saving OSPs from the Sampler editor dialog. Fixed.
- Playlist pattern double click behaved wrong when Pianoroll already visible. Fixed.
- Adding active patterns (F11) added patterns to audiotracks. Fixed.
- Keyboard focus not handled properly certain situations (several non-functional shortcuts). Fixed.
- When copying a mixer channels settings to another mixer strip, the Mute/Solo settings were not properly updated.
- Tempo spinner max constraint was wrong. Fixed.
- double-click on desktop files crashed Orion. Fixed.
- Clicks on AudioTrack clip start/end. Fixed.
- Overlapping patterns could not be dragged. Fixed.
- Analog Multi-sample collection for Sampler added.
- Electric Bass Collection for Sampler added.
- New velocity-layered acoustic drumkits added.
- TR606 Kit added.
- New presets added.
Developer: the Synapse the Audio
System requirements: Windows 98 / ME / 2000 / XP / Vista
CPU P4 / 1.4GHz, SSE2 support
512 MB RAM
DISK 100 MB
Soundcard with MME, DX or ASIO drivers
Language: English only