Without a doubt, touching one of these instruments is magical. There is energy in these drums that will instantly make you move. The individual & ensemble sounds instantly teleport you to a Nomadic desert setting, or to the heart of cities on the banks of the Nile or Bosporus.
This is a collection we have been craving for and it completes a palette of Ethnic sounds to seamlessly integrate with our other instruments. Extending the Sonokinetic Ethnic sampling portfolio with a brand new instrument of Middle Eastern Percussion Ensembles.
This collection spans a wide variety of Middle Eastern drums and percussion instruments. With a focus on a balanced collection we decided to offer as many performance elements as we could with multi-articulated, round robin, multi-dynamic layered sampled instruments. Each instrument that can be found in 1 of the 10 styles are extensively multi-sampled to provide you with a complete composing tool.
There’s much to explore in this collection. Get yourself some inspiration from the top-notch performed percussion ensemble or build your own pallet of playable drums and percussion.
Sultan Drums ships with a user friendly and dedicated interface. It’s designed to work intuitively and give you quick access to this large collection of samples. As a composer you know what you need and we strive to bring it to you fast. With the philosophy of investing our resources in unique and authentic musical culture, we believe that we managed to create another one-of-a-kind with “Sultan Drums”.
All performances are recorded on location in the Middle East with highly schooled, dedicated and talented percussionists. Beating any MIDI performance, a musician will always bring an extra feel to the music that just isn’t possible to recreate with a computer. Therefore Sonokinetic continue to believe in loops of dedicated performance sampling combined with multi-articulated instrument sampling.
- 1.3+ GB sample pool, 1100+ samples
- Instruments: Asma Davul, Bass Darbuka, Bendir, Darbuka, Def, Erbane, Hollo, Kabuk, Kup, Parmak Zili, Shaker, Cymbals, Seadrums, rainmaker, rattle, goat bells, chimes, TamTam
- Performance styles: Arap, Azari, Ciftetelli, Deve, Halay, Misket, Roman, Sufi, Turker, Wahde
- Main Sultan Drums .nki with custom-built interface for layering and combining bespoke combinations of instruments within loops.
- Bonus Sultan Drums Instruments .nki containing individual playable percussion samples with multi-sampled, round-robin hits.
- FX: 100+ unique and cinematic percussion sound effects
- Temposynced & ITM based grouping and mapping for all melodic performance elements. Available for Kontakt 4 Time Machine 2 and Kontakt 5 with Time Machine Pro Automatic end hit function with multi-sampled, round-robin hits.
- Fully controllable pitch, volume and pan for each instrument element within the interfaces 3 band EQ adjustment
- Custom Impulse Response reverb setting with adjustable size and wetness
- Sonokinetic Sultan Drums designed interface and artwork
- Programmed by Son Thomsen
- Open Kontakt format for complete user customization
- End Users License Agreement (EULA)
- Sultan Drums Reference document (PDF)
- Artwork: “Sultan Drums” DVD cover. Designed by Pavel Fuksa
- Files: Performance samples 44.1kHz, 16 BIT, Multi Samples 44.1 kHz, 24 Bit AIFF format.
Programmed for Kontakt 4.2.4 and Kontakt 5
- Created, performed and produced by Sonokinetic