MATRIX is a Kontakt sound library* based on the best sounds of the famous Oberheim Matrix-1000 synthesizer.
Featuring a wide range of warm analogue sounds, this collection lets you add dynamic basses, vivid leads and fat pads to your musical productions.
• 246 Kontakt patches (in 6 categories)
• over 1.1 GB of 44kHz/24 bit samples (1812 perfectly looped wav files)
• 12 midi controllable knobs for realtime tweaking and for midi automation of the most important synth parameters
• extensive editing techniques: multiple velocity layers, round-robin, alternate sample starts to achieve fat, lively and realistic analogue sounds
• exclusive IR sample collection for the convolution reverb of Kontakt
* please note: our Kontakt banks require the full retail version of Kontakt 3.5 (or more recent version), they are not compatible with the free Kontakt Player.
MATRIX is available in Reason refill format as well.
The following simplified MIDI implementation chart is designed as a quick reference guide that allows you to identify at a glance which MIDI control change (CC) messages are implemented by Revolver in Kontakt.
Midi event Effect CC 07 channel volume CC 10 channel pan CC 14 attack time of the filter envelope CC 15 decay time of the filter envelope CC 16 release time of the filter envelope CC 18 filter envelope amount CC 71 resonance of the internal LP filter CC 72 release time of the amplitude envelope CC 73 attack time of the amplitude envelope CC 74 cutoff frequency of the internal LP filter CC 75 decay time of the amplitude envelope CC 76 sustain level of the amplitude envelope CC 91 adjusts the amount of the insert FX (delay) CC 94 adjusts the send level of the send FX
In addition, in most cases: modwheel (CC 01) controls the filter modulations, aftertouch adds vibrato effect.
Oberheim Matrix-1000 is the last real analogue synth of Oberheim from the late 80’s. The Matrix-1000 is a single-space compact rackmount module. It has the same synth architecture as the Matrix 6.Each of its 6 voices has 2 DCO’s (digitally controlled analogue oscillator), a low pass filter, 2 VCA’s, 3 envelope gens, 2 LFO’s, and 2 ramp gens.
The Matrix-1000 provides an excellent source of pads, textures and ambient sounds. It has been used by Apollo 440, Juno Reactor, Moby, Cirrus, Fatboy Slim, Laurent Garnier, ATB, Depeche Mode, Future Sound of London, Pet Shop Boys, and Faithless.