DirectBass is a 5 string bass sample library for NI Kontakt 2.2 that includes all the bass pickups.
The library is intended for use with amp simulators to allow users to create an infinite number of bass sounds. There are 4 Gb of sounds recorded at 24 bit 96 Khz directly to the sound card without any amplifiers and efx.
5 articulations, 5 strings, 3 pickups ( Bridge, Bridge+Neck, Neck ) plus another picked bass were sampled for covering the entire range of bass styles. Each articulation is about 1 Gb and it includes 3 layers and 4 samples for each note in round robin. It means that anytime you press a key it plays four different samples avoiding the typical “machine gun” effect.
Pettinhouse say that all the samples were recorded taking care to capture the entire sustain and natural decay for unmatched realism.
* Bridge Pickup Crispy sound rich of mid tones perfect for Funk, House
* Bridge + Neck Pickup This standard sound used in the ‘90s is for all kind of music but especially for Fusion, Pop, House, Funk.
* Neck Pickup Woody sound typical of the ‘70s perfect for Disco, ‘70s funk and rock.
* Picked Neck Crunchy sound for Rock and Metal
* Sustained picked neck
* 1860 unique samples
* 4 samples and 3 layers for each key ( round robin ) played with index and middle finger.
* Release samples for each note.
* Slides and stops for each string