iZotope has announced the release of Mobius Filter, a new effect plug-in that “creates the sensation of infinite movement.”
Based on the auditory illusion of the Shepard Tone, the filters within Mobius Filter produce the sense of perpetually rising or falling effects that can be easily manipulated with a “playful” X/Y pad.
The ascending or descending results bring impact to a track: as an intensifying build-up to a chorus or drop, or as a creative effect on individual tracks and instruments. Music producers can utilize Mobius Filter as an alternative to a standard flanger or phaser, as the “antidote” to an unexciting bridge or arrangement, or as the “spark for psychotropic sonic textures.”
Mobius Filter Key Features:
- Add motion and energy to your music with infinitely ascending or descending filter sweeps.
- Draw your own sweeps with the X/Y pad, making fluid adjustments to both center frequency and resonance using a single control.
- Achieve a rapid, pulsing effect or slower motion by adjusting the host tempo sync to anything from eighth notes to eight bars.
- Create an immersive environment with the Stereo slider, which widens the stereo field in an amount of your choosing.
- Create a static filter effect by pausing the filter motion with the Pause function. Or, pause it when it feels right and then automate it to create custom sweeps.