HandHeld Sound has released the first part in the MAD Drum Kit Series for Kontakt.
MAD is going to be a 3-part drum kit series. It’s designed to pack powerful features and concepts, such as an extended dynamic range of pure stick-breaking attitude, innovative control, and streamlined design.
This first instalment features a REMO custom 5-piece Rock kit which is smaller in size and known for its tight sound.
MAD sports an environment for creating realistic grooves with maximum impact, and a very focused and detailed tonal quality.
Playability is further controlled via MAD’s custom script, featuring a totally variable velocity sensitivity, Legato grace notes, a robust Hi-Hat engine with modulation, auto cymbal chokes, and many other realism enhancements that glue things in the background.
ARTICULATIONS / TECHNIQUES
MAD really shines at indie punk/rock and funk. Given the extra wide dynamic range, loud is indeed very loud! We utilized various playing techniques and articulations to deliver a tonal and dynamic response that is true and idiomatic to the instrument.
Multi-sampled hits of Kick, Snare, Hi-Hat, 3X Toms and Cymbals.
Integrated user interface with a full mixer, EQ and Compression, Bussing, and a sophisticated control panel.
Abundance of velocity layers and 4X round robin samples.
Extended dynamic range and realistic velocity curves suitable for drumming.
Separate Left/Right hand samples for Snare and Toms with multiple drum zones articulations.
Extensive Hi-Hat engine with 6 degrees of Close-To-Open modulation with automatic foot pedal and Legato transitions.
Automatic ‘same hand guard’ keeps your programming or live triggering realistic.
Innovative Snare Grace notes Legato transitions.
Automatic Cymbal Chokes.
Built in Groove engine for Rock and Funk beats. Complete with Core Grooves and matching Alternates and Fills.
- Remo 5-piece Rock Kit with 3GB and 5,400+ individual samples.
- Lots of velocities / 4x Round Robin.
- Left/Right hand samples & multiple drum zones articulations.
- Extended dynamic range and authentic velocity curves.
- Unique recording concept. Powerful, aggressive, and articulate.
- Custom Kontakt Scripting.
- Hi-Hat engine with Close-To-Open modulation, auto foot stomps and Legato transitions.
- Legato Snare Grace notes, Cymbal Chokes, and ‘Same Hand Guard’ for realistic playback.
- Streamlined UI with a full mixer, EQ and Compression, Bussing, and sophisticated control panels.
- User friendly with integrated Grooves, 350+ Rock and Funk Core grooves with Alts and Fills.
- Full retail version of Kontakt 5 required.
- 24-bit | 44.1kHz.