Our first curated library of drums, cymbals, and microphones. Tuned, captured, and performed with the utmost attention to detail, retaining the raw energy and conviction needed for a truly special sound. With great pride, we present the GGD Matt Halpern Signature Pack. V2.0 is an official Kontakt instrument which means you do NOT need the full version of Kontakt! Just load it into the free Kontakt Player and you can use GGD with no time limits or restrictions.
We created the Matt Halpern Drum Library to scratch our own itch. Virtual drums are an integral part of our creative process, and we simply couldn’t find a drum library that had everything we needed. We needed a library that had a truly full range of velocities, with everything from fluttery ghost notes to crushing full-power hits. Since we couldn’t buy what we needed, we made our own.
After assembling an amazing collection of drums featuring our favorite Mapex Saturn IV and V shells and Meinl cymbals, we booked time at Magpie Cage Studios (home to one of our favorite drum/live rooms) and got to work. After the session we walked out of the studio with a full range of articulations all impeccably tuned, performed and captured, encompassing all of the details that we couldn’t find in any other drum library.
We hope you love using it as much we loved making it!
– Nolly and Matt
All the bells & whistles for effortless songwriting and mixing
We built the Matt Halpern library as the tool we wished we had years ago, with all the little details and creature comforts we couldn’t find in other libraries:
– The Halpern library is now a Player Library (NKS) and can be used with Kontakt’s Free Player – no need to buy the full version of Kontakt to use GGD!
– A fully-featured and intuitive UI for building your kit and working with spot and room mics
– Full range of velocity layers– hard hits that are actually hard, with that hard-to-get mix of body and attack
– Wide variety of articulations: snare on and off; center and rim hits on snare and toms; bell and side-stick on the ride cymbal
– Cymbal matrix
– Different tunings for each of the 5 snares to give you a full range of sonic options without having to resort to pitch shifting or other tricks that degrade the tones
– The entire kit is tuned to perfection, so you’ll never be fighting against sour notes in your mix
– Every sample is phase-coherent for easy layering
Whether you’re sketching out a song idea or working on a final mix, the Matt Halpern library gives you all the tools you need to bring your ideas to life.
We sampled over 20 of Matt’s favorite drums and cymbals:
Shells: Mapex Saturn Maple Walnut
22×16″ (P3 version)
Toms (clear and coated versions)
14×6” Black Panther Wraith Brass
13×6” Black Panther Nomad Brass
Cymbals: Meinl Byzance
14” Traditional Hi-hats
19” Medium Thin Crash R
20” Extra Thin Hammered Crash R
17” Medium Thin Crash L
17″ Jazz Crash L
18” Medium Crash
18″ X-Crash L
19″ Crash L
20” China R
18” China R
18″ China/ 17″ Med Stack
17” Jazz Medium/18” Dark China Stack
14” Spectrum Hi-hats
22” Dark Ride
8” Splash L
8” Splash 10” Gen X Filter Mini-Stack L
BIG THANKS TO TEAM P2P
PLEASE SEED THANKS
Size: 5.60 GB