ReDominator is an emulation of the classic Alpha Juno 1/2 (JU-1/2), a polyphonic DCO (digitally controlled oscillator) based synth from 1986. The JU-1/2 became popular in the early 90’s techno and rave scene particularly by the classic Hoover sound (which ReDominator emulates accurately). But beyond those nice sounds there lays a versatile synthesizer that does bass, pads, leads, organs and a lot of other sounds waiting to be discovered.
- Featuring fourteen (14) different harmonically rich waveforms including a unique PWM-sawtooth. Three waveforms can be combined per voice enabling massive sounds.
- ReDominator contains a high quality 24dB/octave lowpass filter with a warmth control (VCA level) which unlike the original Alpha Juno causes warm overtones in place of harsh digital distortion when overdriven.
- A unique 8 parameter envelope which enables much more complicated and expressive sounds than a standard ADSR.
- There are four time settings, three levels and a unique keyboard scaling parameter which gives the sound a “sampler” quality.
A general review of the Features:
- Accurate emulation of the Alpha Juno 1 & 2 including the famous Hoover patch.
- 14 different low aliasing waveforms including a unique PWM-sawtooth.
- High quality full range 24dB/octave low-pass filter.
- External audio input to the filter.
- Unique 8 parameter envelope generator which enables much more complicated and expressive sounds than a standard ADSR.
- 200+ bundled patches (of which many are sysex converted from our own Juno-2).
- Patch importer which allows importing sysex patches from your own Alpha Juno and play them in ReDominator.
- Chord Memory function (VST/AU version only).
- MIDI Learn
- Retrigger DCO.
- Retrigger LFO.
- Reinitialization of a patch after plays around and trials starting from it.
Many of these features are found simply by a click on the current patch name.